Friday, August 26, 2011

Virgin Coconut Oil

Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil:

Helps you loose weight or maintain your healthy weight, Reduces your risk of heart disease, Lowers cholesterol

Increases metabolism, Boosts daily energy

Rejuvenates your skin and helps prevent wrinkles!

I’ve incorporated Coconut Oil into my diet for over 2 years now. I mainly use it to saute vegetables for breakfast then add my eggs. I also have used it on my skin.. Kind of weird at first but super moisturizing. It can be expensive so I found buying a tub is more cost efficient especially since I use it daily. If you do decide to use it on your skin as well as in your cooking I recommend putting it in a separate container to store in your bathroom. Once you place some on the palm of your hand it liquifies from your body temp. Another idea is to use the coconut oil rather than butter for toast. You can google recipes with coconut oil and find brownies, sauces, stews, vinaigrettes and so on. Let me know what you think or whether you have any ideas on how to incorporate Coconut Oil into your diet!

3 comments:

  1. I too am a huge fan of coconut oil. I think some people are hesitant to use it because it is a saturated oil. I use it on my skin and in cooking,I feel it is better than olive oil to use at high heat. Tropical traditions virgin is my favorite, it is organic and a family run buisness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting!! thanks Keri! - does the local grocer carry this or would I go to Trader Joe's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if Trader Joes carries it. But Natures Remedy in Woodinville carries Coconut Oil but I don't think they carry tropical traditions. O'malley & Potter "Feel Good Products" at Country Village carries Tropical Traditions though!

    ReplyDelete